Sharing on my blog is nothing new and opening up is hard to do but as my good friends know I am an open book. It feels great to live my truth…my life. For many women giving away part of yourself is common. We are moms, partners, friends, business owners, employees, etc. The people pleaser in us sometimes works over time.
I have been taking a peek at a few of my smiles this summer like this one from last Sunday:
This has me thinking about what is the secret to that smile…..you know the one where your eyes light up too and here are some of tips:
- Forget caring about what other people think……Only my opinion really matters.
- I am following my heart and doing what matters to me. Sometimes (and those in the arts & crafts world may know this) we get caught up in it all and lose sight of what is important to us.
- Take chances and don't let others keep your down (or comparing yourself so you keep yourself down).
- You just cannot please everyone and at times anyone! You have to do what is best for you.
- This is my life and my dreams that I get to pursue. – Will I fail along the way..yes but those moments provide the greatest opportunity to learn from. You are the only one who can create your dreams and happiness.
- Asking others for their opinion when they don't have to live with the outcome usually does not work out. – We all have a different journey and perspective on life.
- Some of life lessons may be tough ones but you have to go through them to learn them.
- Life is too darn short soooo…..
I posted this yesterday and so many commented that this lesson came in their 30's and 40's. That is the case for me. I truly am surrounded by those who encourage, inspire, and enhance my life. I strive to do the same for them whether it be through my friendship or art.
My last few entries in my 5 X 7 travel art journal reflect that smile in my eyes:
(thanks Cheryl Boglioli for some inspiration last weekend she has no idea about)….
"One of the greatest freedoms is truly not caring what everyone else thinks of you." ~unknown