Thanks Stampendous for the new Decor Acrylic Stamps! They are 8″ X 8″ and make things so much easier! I got some to create some fun new projects. Here is the first project which I loved making! I incorporated a mixed media technique I learned from Andy Skinner to make this frame. Remember you can take these ideas to home decor and furniture pieces too!
Here are the simple tools I used to make this project:
- Substrate: Wood Frame
- DecoArt Media Gesso
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Pyrrole Red and Carbon Black)
- DecoArt Chalky Finish (Treasure, Carbon and Whisper)
- DecoArt Weatherd Wood
- Ink: Archival Ink
- ‘DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- Chipboard Letters
- Stamps: Stampendous Decor Acrylic Stamps (Decor Music) and Andy Skinner
STEP BY STEP:
- Base coat frame in DecoArt Chalky Finish (Carbon Black)
- Brush out a thin of DecoArt Chalky Finish (Whisper) paint on a smooth flat surface
- Coat Stampedous Decor Stamp with thin layer of paint
- Stamp on frame (NOTE: Make sure to immediate wash your stamp so paint does not dry on the stamp)
- Use hair gel (as a resist) in various areas on frame
- Apply thin coat of Decoart Weathered Wood and let dry.
- Quick brush on DecoArt Chalky Finish (Treasure) and let dry.
- Using a baby wipe or soft cloth wipe back all areas that have hair gel and paint will come away.
- Brush think coat of DecoArt Ultra Matte Varnish to seal
- I completed the frame by altering some chipboard letters; brush on DecoArt Meda Gesso and Pyrolle Red
- Stamp texture with Andy Skinner Stampendous stamp and black archival ink.
- Adhere letters to frame.
Take these same techniques to make some new home decor projects. The large stamps make it so easy! Thanks Stampendous!