Our weekends are usually full around here. Occasionally the stars align when there are no balls bouncing on the courts or bats swinging. This was one such weekend that gave me the chance to catch up on the small things to make way for the creativity. Sometimes the anxiety of those little things add up and get in the way of the creativity. When I create I feel whole, useful and devoted. When I am not I can feel the anxiety set it. Sometimes I don’t feel like I will create anything good and I let that get in the way. When I just create it is an awesome feeling. The thing to do is to become an anxiety expert and get on with your creating! I know I am a creative being and I embrace that! This weekend was all about that!
So sometimes you just have to keep that practice of creating through the anxiety. It is part of the process unfortunately. Make yourself do it. This weekend I cleaned up the Studio and decided to break out a 9 X 12 Canson Artboard that I had coated in DecoArt Crackle Paste……this was the outcome:
This was just a little me time and I decided to take a few photos of the creative process……
- Substrate: Canson 9 X 12 ArtBoard
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Carbon Black, Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Titanium White, Blue Green LIght, Green Gold, Cadmium Orange Hue, Naphthol Red Light, Cadmium Red Hue, Hansa Yellow Medium, Diarylide Yellow, Yellow Green Light, Quin Magenta, and Quin Violet)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Media Satin Varnish
- DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
- DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream (Black)
- Stamps: Totally Tracy On SALE RIGHT NOW!
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Pen: 3B Carbon Pencil, IdeniPen (Black), Fudeball and Stabilo
So drop the excuses and get back to creating. What is stopping you!
It’s tempting, yet entirely ineffective, to do everything yourself. To reduce stress and increase productivity, you need to recognize your weaknesses and ask for help, advice, or just a listening ear when you need it. Something as simple as talking about your worries will help you overcome them. Most of the time, other people can see a solution that you can’t because they’re not as emotionally invested in your unique situation. So remember, everyone has someone who is on their side, cheering for them, and ready to help them figure out a difficult life situation if and when it arises. Identify who this person (or people) is in your life and make an effort to seek their insight and assistance when you need it most.”