The best advice I can give as an Artist is to surround yourself with people who uplift and inspire you (preferable not those who just blow smoke up your rear). I am fortunate to have many of those people in my life. I am also fortunate that nearly every Monday I get online LIVE on the internet and am surrounded by Mixed Media Monday peeps who have that same creative passion I do. I cannot say this often enough but collaboration beats competition any day!
We have partnered on several Dare to Create pieces over the past two years. Now we will be doing that LIVE. Here is how this piece came to life with the same supply list that Andy used on a piece:
- Prime Artboard with DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- Background DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Medium Grey Value 6) and DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- Blend background with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Cobalt Teal Hue, Blue Green Light, Phithalo Turquiose and Medium Grey Value 6)
- Make a wash of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide and Primary Magenta) and brush on lightly.
- Paint Flowers with Decoart Media Gesso (White) and add color with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Dioxazine Purple and Titanium White)
- Add Liner Highlights with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Titanium White and Carbon Black) and inside of flower (Diarylide Yellow)
- Color stems and leaves with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold)
- Substrate: Canson 9 X 12 Mixed Media ArtBoard
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Carbon Black, Phthalo Turquoise, Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Diarylide Yellow, Green Gold, Medium Grey Value 6, Primary Magenta, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Blue Green Light and Cobalt Teal Hue)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Media Modeling Paste (White)
- Stencil: Decoart Andy Skinner
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Gloss)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
Do me a favor and ask Andy to share what he painted with these same materials 🙂 Thanks Skinner……..til we paint again.
I am headed to England in July to collaborate with Mr. Skinner at our Dare to Create Event. Details are HERE and there are few seats left….
and for those in the USA – Ministry of Mixology Registration is open for Chicago, IL in October:
Collaboration leads to amazing art and lots of laughs (a few pranks too)! That is what it is all about.
Your capacity to be both effective and happy is directly related to the quality of people whom most closely surround you every single day. And in these relationships, the little things often mean the most. So today, just be 100% present with those you love – BE ALL THERE. That is enough.”