This week’s theme for Mixed Media Monday was to start from my heart….imperfect and all!!. I was inspired by the chat and suggestions everyone gave. What a great MMM community we share! Since I just returned from a trip I decided to create in my art journal featuring the new Tube Acrylics form DecoArt and Dynasty Brushes….
- Substrate: Canson Art Journal
- DecoArt Americana Medium Body Acrylics (Titanium White, Cobalt Blue Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Payne’s Grey, and Dark Grey Value 3)
- DecoArt Weathered Wood
- DecoArt Media (Carbon Black and Titanium White)
- DecoARt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- Ink: StazOn Or Ranger
- Brushes: Dynasty: Black Silver #14 (4920), SC240 #18, Black Silver Round #6 (4970), 1/2 Dynasty Stencil Brush, 5/- Black Gold #206SL Liner Brush (Order from The Brush Guys and they give a 5% discount. Enter “twstudios” at checkout. You can order here: www.thebrushguys.com)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Other: Stabilo Aquarellable Pencil
Remember if you are not logged in you cannot participate in the chat live. It is FREE and FUN! I love to see the chat going and the connections you all make while I am painting. Please enjoy the video HERE (please subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified of new videos!).
I apologize for the internet issues in the beginning but then we were good to go!. It was a great night……
When our view of the world as a safe place, or as a certain type of place, has been shattered, we are forced to reboot our perspective on things. We suddenly have the opportunity to look out to the periphery and see things with a fresh set of beginner’s eyes again, which is extremely beneficial to our personal and professional growth. The underlying key is to fully embrace reality and the broad range of experiences you encounter on the road of life, taking the good with the bad. This includes all of your emotions, all of your ups and downs, all of your blissful moments and painful ones, and the entirety of everything in between. Life is not just rainbows and butterflies. It’s intricate, complicated, and remarkable.”