Here is my latest DecoArt Media Design Team project for May. This was featured on DecoArt Media’s Blog: HERE. Thanks DecoArt for the feature!
This is a collaboration with Maureen Baker. I used her great pattern complete this piece. You will want to check her out at www.maureen-baker.com. Here is the 12 X 12″ wood self-frame piece I painted:
Here is Maureen’s original piece:
Here is how this piece came to life:
- Flip 12 X 12 Wood Panel backwards
- Painter’s Tape the perimeter and sides of panel to protect frame to paint later.
- Paint entire surface and sides of frame with DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- Apply grass with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold) and Sky (Cobalt Turquoise Hue) with a stipple brush
- Complete the sky.
- Apply Japanese rice paper with DecoArt Media Matte Medium SOLD HERE
- Use DecoArt Misters (Primary Cyan, Yellow Green and Shimmer Turquoise) to mist around perimeter of piece.
- Trace pattern on background
- Color in pattern with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Titanium White, Diarylide Yellow, Yellow Green Light, Quin Gold, Green Gold, Primary Cyan, Hansa Yellow Light and Phthalo Green-Yellow). Doodle around perimeter of flower and stems with a Liner Brush and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Carbon Black).
- Add grass with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold and Phthalo Green-Yellow) with the edge of a palette knife.
- Complete piece by removing painters tape and painting the frame with DecoArt Americana Decor Metallic (Pewter) and dry brush on DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Paynes Grey).
- Substrate: 12 X 12 Wood Panel flipped backwards
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Carbon Black, Paynes Grey, Diarylide Yellow, Cobalt Teal Hue, Titanium White, Yellow Green Light, Quin Gold, Green Gold, Primary Cyan, Hansa Yellow Light and Phthalo Green-Yellow)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Misters (Primary Cyan, Yellow Green and Shimmer Turquoise)
- DecoArt Media Varnish (Satin)
- DecoArt Matte Medium
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics (Pewter)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Maureen Baker Pattern available on her online store: This great pattern is available on Maureen’s site: http://www.maureen-baker.com/
I created this fun time lapse video so you could see my creative process HERE:
I really loved this project from start to finish:
I hope you enjoyed it too! For more inspiration make sure to visit my blog at www:tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/blog.
My responses are not perfect … they are not always ideal … I am human after all.”
5 thoughts on “DecoArt Media 12 X 12 Daisy Wood Frame”
BEAUTIFUL. Fabulous texture. j.
the shades of blue really make the daisies pop.
Great project for summer.
thanks for sharing.
This is so very pretty! LOVE how soft it looks!! TFS!
My nickname is Daisy (by my husband who is 70 tomorrow). I love it Tracy.
I will not be getting up at 2pm this week as I am cream cracks red. We are away for Eric’s Birthday, and it has been a long day. I will watch the video tomorrow, hopefully. I will miss getting up lols, but need my sleep. xxx
sounds great Sonia!!