I live in San Diego where sun reigns supreme and snow is foreign. So when I was asked to participate in the DecoArt Media Winter Challenge I decided this would be a true challenge for me. It was too fun not to turn down…Here is my project which I absolutely LOVED doing!
MATERIALS LIST: (DecoArt Products can be purchased online HERE)
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Green Gold, Translucent White, Titanium White, Carbon Black, Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquiose Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Cerulean Blue, Paynes Grey, Metallic Silver, Phthalo Turquoise and Phthalo Blue)
- DecoArt Media Interference (Turquoise and Purple)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Modeling Paste (Black)
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Stencil:
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Frederix 12 X 12 Canvas
- Pen: Fudeball and Stabilo
- Brushes: Dynasty 3/4″ Faux Kolinsky F-1114, Dynasty Black Gold Flat #8, Black Gold #4 and Small Detailer Foam IPC 8
Hope you enjoy seeing my creative process HERE:
I love how this simple piece comes to life with the Interference and Liquid Glass (hard to tell in photos but so fun to see in the light)….
Thanks DecoArt for the fun media line. It is awesome to participate with such a great team and I am excited to see your fellow projects and I cannot wait to see all the entries that come in for the awesome prizes! Proud to be on the panel of judges for this Challenge so get those entries in. Click HERE for details and to submit your entry! Thanks DecoArt Media for the fun creative challenge!
Don’t let other people sell you their dream and tell you it’s yours. Find YOUR path and YOUR purpose! Listen to your own intuition. If you have a dream, don’t just sit around. Gather the courage to believe that you can succeed, and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.”
30 thoughts on “DecoArt Media Winter Wonderland Challenge”
This is gorgeous!!
Why thank you so much!
Love the project Tracy! Came out great!!
Thanks Barb! this was a fun challenge to tackle!
This is so pretty, Tracy! Beautiful job!
Thank you so much!!
Thanks so much!!!
I think winter is here in your state. Well done
It is now and I hate the cold. I am over it 🙂
Love this piece
I love it Tracy!
Beautiful piece Tracy!
Thanks Katy! I was just talking to Andy about you today 🙂 Talk after CHA 🙂
Fabulous job!! 😀
This painting just is so “up town” classy but yet it has such simple beauty and charm. It somehow seems different than your norm look (which of course, I love) and the change is very inspiring. Apparently it never fails when you step out of your comfort zone a bit – you create SUCCESS!!!! I am secretly hoping you may be inspired to create a companion piece for this one before winter is over. It truly is INCREDIBLY STUNNING. j.
hmmm…great idea! Glad you like it. This may be one of my favorites 🙂
I enjoyed your video, and your project is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful canvas, Tracy. Loved watching all the colors come to life in the video, too!
Really like how this one turned out. Nice job.