I really do not consider myself a do-it-yourself-er but love all things bright and colorful especially when it comes to flowers. So when I came across this Goodwill find for $5.00 I figured a planter box was a good DIY project with DecoArt Outdoor Living…….
Again another simple project!
- Wipe clean the entire surface and lightly sand.
- Paint entire inside and outside of box with DecoArt Outdoor Living (Turquoise Sky) – Note I painted the first coat with DecoArt Outdoor Living (Patio) but decided this color was just too neutral for me and this particular project.
- Lightly sand between coats
- Paint second coat of DecoArt Outdoor Living (Turquoise Sky).
- Customize the planter box with stenciled lettering and hand painted flowers using DecoArt Outdoor Living (Succulent, Picket Fence, Garden Party, Iron Gate, and Harvest)
This project and the others you have seen posted lately will be at the Society of Decorative Painters Show in San Diego next week….
Another project using the NEW products from DecoArt…….
Lots of new projects in the works in the Studios makes this Artist very happy!
Allow yourself to rediscover the fundamental goodness within you, that’s present in every moment. Allow yourself to rediscover the fundamental goodness of this very moment, that’s always available to you whenever you’re willing to focus on it.”
10 thoughts on “Old Planter Box made New!!”
It is so pretty Tracy! I agree whole heartedly with your choice of bright colours. We could do with some bright and cheerful colours in the U.K at the moment. Brrrrrrrrrr, it is so cold! See you soon.xx
Thanks Sonia! It is HOT HOT HOT HERE!!!
Love this. Blue is my favorite color and this is a really pretty blue. The planter really looks like spring and summer.
thanks for sharing.
Yes, I really wanted it to be bright and got that 🙂
I love how bright and airy this box is after the makeover!! I think it is so awesome that DecoArt has a product for almost any project!! That is why they are my go to when creating!! TFS!
Love it! Can’t wait to try these paints!
You definitely made that old wood planter BLOOM to GORGEOUSNESS Tracy! What a fun project with such fab paints. I can’t wait to see a picture of you all set up at the Society of Decorative Painters Show. It’s going to look so SPECTACULAR with all your WONDERFUL creativity. j.
Awe thanks JOI! I am kinda proud of taking these projects on and loving my own work. That means a lot as does your comments!