What a few months it has been! As many of you know Andy Skinner and I are collaborating and bringing our Art Worlds together…more like a collision! Dare to Create…..
We need to ask a favor and for forgiveness! Both Andy and I have been traveling and bringing the DecoArt Mixed Media Line to a variety of locations. In that, we have hardly had time to do the Dare to Create Challenge we set forth. We have experimented with each other’s color palette’s which we have shared on Facebook……Andy created this!
and here is the color palette he chose for me….
Andy has also been a surprise viewer of Mixed Media Monday…(that is the official Tracy cackle that he managed to capture on video).
I have shopped for Steampunk/Industrial Parts to literally take it off the page!….
and Andy even challenged me to a Selfie Challenge while I was on the road at Creative Painting in Las Vegas….
Did I mention I even paid tribute to his English stuffy side with Elton John…
and I may have bathed with a bevy of DecoArt Media Products for the second Selfie challenge……
So in all the fun we have been away from our Studios!
PLUS (But not to add to the excuses)….my laptop is in for repair and I wanted to video the my creative process so there is even more to share! With that we are asking for an extension to March 31! This will give us the change to create and not feel the pressure. Plus Andy has two more trips and I need to Selfie Challenge HIM! (I am so open to any and ALL ideas)!
So in the meantime we want you to enjoy 20 more questions in 20 more seconds from us…..
Andy Skinner Interviewing Tracy Weinzapfel……..a serious look in Tracy’s life:
- Have you ever had a recurring dream? What was it? (Please don’t mention the two you had about me last week!). – “That would be a nightmare. I have a reoccurring spider dream that they are coming down on webs and I have to get up and violently swat them with my pillow. Makes for a fun night.”
- What is your best personal characteristic? – “Sense of humor and no matter what Andy says…mine is way better. My sense of humor lightens a mood sometimes bridges a gap and/or gets my message across which makes people wonder…did she mean that as they scratch their head and walk away”.
- If someone rented a billboard for you, what would you put on it? – “A picture of Andy Skinner (with a hand drawn mustache of course) and a quote bubble over his head saying ‘Tracy is far more funny and entertaining than me and is a fantastic artist with her whimsical style'”
- If you had to enter a competition for the “Most Uselessly Unique Talent,” what would your talent be? – “The ability to remember phone numbers. I could hear it once and remember it forever…now, I don’t even know my own”.
- What’s your middle name? – “Ann”
- What is your most embarrassing moment? (Sure you have thousands to choose from) – “I have one daily but when I was younger….I went to my first soccer game with the biggest crush on my team. In a fluster before the game in warm-ups I THOUGHT I forgot my jersey and the coaches had to go home and get me one. I unzipped my jacket and the boy said ‘hey, there’s your jersey’. Really! Second one but maybe one of my most proud now. I went with my dad to pick up my brother at the ski lodge and saw yet again…another crush (anyone see a pattern here). He said a foul mouth word to me as I approached him. Out of the corner of my eye I see my Dad dart by me where I veered off and all I saw was that boy with his ski’s dangling in the air and my dad saying ‘you will never talk like that to or around my daughter’. NICE DAD!”
- What was the first live concert you ever attended? – “Michael Jackson with the Jacksons Victory Tour. Concert alone…Billy Idol!”
- If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? – “Turquoise…makes my eyes pop”
- What is the best pickup line you have ever heard? – “None..they all suck. No matter what a girl says…the best ones were always the honest ones like “Hey that Turquoise shirt makes your eyes pop”.”
- Which of Snow White’s 7 dwarfs describes you best and why? (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey) – “Happy…..just am. or Drunky :)”
- What is set as the background on your computer? – “Andy Skinner Art……ok, not really. Flowers”
- If you had to be a flower, which one would you like to be and why? – “A white gerber daisy…they brighten up a room in a simple, understated way”
- If you had a “theme song” that played whenever you walk into a room full of people, what would it be? “Baby Got Back. Ok. No….Stronger by Kelly Clarkston”
- Can you comfortably eat in a restaurant by yourself? Go to movie? – “YES and I love it. I am that person with headphones and a book in my own world that everyone wonders what is wrong with her…and FYI you do not go to the movies to talk…you go to crunch on popcorn and watch the movie”
- What movie or TV show do you take guilty pleasure in watching? – “The Housewives………..every one of them…there I said it. Bravo was meant for me. Pure mindless TV”
- Name one important characteristic you look for in someone you consider a friend. – “Effortless……I know it is not a characteristic but in this point in my life I want easy friendships that are up-lifting. We can agree or agree to disagree I love my friends who can laugh at themselves, laugh at me and are my HOME. For me, laughter is a great foundation because when you got that with a friend the tough times are easier.”
- What is your favorite smell? – “Night Blooming Jasmine”
- What’s the oldest piece of clothing you still own and wear? – “My Dad’s two flannel sweaters that I stole out of his closet (sorry Dad if you are still looking for those). Wear them when I am cold, in the Studio and around. They are not flattering at all but they are my Dads.”
- What childish things do you still do as adult? – “Laugh at inappropriate times……..uncontrollably. I may not be the best person to take to a funeral”
- What is your earliest childhood memory? – “Kindergarten where a boy threw dirt at my face. Man I wish my dad would have made him dangle from his snow skis!”
Now it is Mr. Skinner’s turn to be Interviewed by Tracy:
- How would you like to be remembered? – “That I held myself with integrity, down to earth, a very loyal friend and far more funny than Tracy Weinzaphel”
- If there were a holiday in your honor what would it celebrate? – “The lowest form of wit which is that of sarcasm, or maybe harmless practical jokes”
- What TV game show would you want to go on? – “Not big on game shows but an English one called 8 out of 10 cats”
- What’s your most embarrassing moment? – “I got locked out of my hotel room completely naked at 4am in the morning, had to call a very butch yet very sensitive night porter who minced his way to my hotel room door while I tried to cover myself the best I could…. Let’s just leave it at that :)”
- If you were on the cover of a magazine, which one would it be and why? – “Playboy….Because I look damn hot in a corset and suspenders”
- If you could have written a book, what book would you like to have written? – “My Biography”
- What did you like best about your hometown?- “Sarah Mitchell”
- Where would you like to retire and why? – “Capri, it’s romantic with wonderful landscapes, great food & Climate”
- What is the best thing you have done in your life? – “Had Children… The End”
- The great theologian Andy Warhol stated that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. What happened during your 15 minutes? – “While visiting Legoland theme park when my children were younger, we were watching a live show, suddenly a clown appeared and asked for a volunteer, guess what? yep he picked me, yes me! I was humiliated by this evil sadistic clown for a whole 20 minutes in front of hundreds of people… Oh and my kids thought it was so funny, thanks for that! But, for the rest of the day, everyone in the park knew my name, even in the public toilets (Restrooms) people were walking past me saying Hi Andy!!
- If you had to move out of this country, what country would you move to? – “This is tough because I have never spent enough time in any one country to fully make my mind up but have loved many parts of America”
- If you had to paint the whole world only one color what would it be and why? – “Red, the same way I like to paint the towns”
- What’s your favorite way to celebrate an accomplishment? (make it a double!) – “You know me too well”
- What is your first thought in the morning? – “How many emails are in my inbox”
- If you could go back and change your career path what would you be doing now? – “Secretly I always wanted to be a rock star or sell paintings to galleries in the style of Tracy Weinzaphel ;)”
- If you auditioned for American Idol, what song would you sing? – “Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen or more low key, Wild Horses the 1995 version”
- If you could perform in the Olympics, what would you like to do? – “Synchronised swimming as Squash has still not been accepted”
- If I asked your high school friends what they thought you would be doing today, what would they say? – “A toolmaker or a Drag Queen ;)”
- Would you dare to sleep in haunted house overnight? – “Definitely if not alone”
- Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks? – “Salty, although I like popcorn with 50/50 salt & sugar”
Special Thanks to DecoArt, Stampendous and Dare 2B Artzy for their products and support! Remember to go HERE to leave a comment so you are registered for the Giveaway…..
Thank you to all of you for your support and prodding to collide our art worlds . We are so thankful for the new fans and challenging ourselves as Artists. We also are LOVING the ideas you are sending and sharing on our Facebook pages for ways we can continue this MONTHLY with you ALL! Stay tuned for more details and remember to visit our Facebook pages here: Andy Skinner and Tracy Weinzapfel Studios! We love reading your comments!
10 thoughts on “20 More Questions in 20 More Seconds…”
Love your work and Andy’s. Have both of your stencils. Just learning techniques and both of you have taught me a lot. Thank you
just love it!! keep them coming, love the friendly banter with you two!!
LOL! Thanks Heather!
Loved the answers! You 2 crack me up! Still wondering about the naked in the hall episode with Andy! rofl
Please Debbie! We don’t want more details of this! 🙂 Glad you enjoyed
SUch fun!! Love all the quetions and answers!!
you two crack me up!!! love the 20 questions….do it more!!
More questions! LOL!