I just finished my second DecoArt project using their new Media Line including these paints, mediums and Andy Skinner stencils……..
It is this 8 X 10″ Wood Panel…..
MATERIALS: DecoArt Media Line:
- Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Phithalo Blue, Viridian and Cadmium Red Hue)
- Interference (Blue)
- Gesso (White & Black)
- Satin Varnish
- Andy Skinner Stencils
- Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Brush on Gesso (White) over entire wood panel.
- Brush on Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold, Cadmium Red Hue and and Cobalt Turquoise Hue) into a patchwork of squares and rectangles.
- Paint heart flowers with Gesso (White).
- Paint outside edges of wood panel with Gesso (Black)
- Color in Hearts with Media Fluid Acrylics (Phithalo Blue)
- Once Hearts are Dry Paint with Interference (Blue) to add and opalescent change in appearance.
- Paint Stems & Leaves with Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold and Viridian)
- Use Gesso (Black) on Andy Skinner Stencils
- Use the words “Create” from Andy Skinner “Serendipity” Stencil using Gesso (Black)
- Use 3B Charcoal Pencil, DecoArt Canvas Paint Pen and Uniball White Signo to doodle Details
- Finish with Satin Varnish to seal and protect your project.
- Wash all Stencils and Brushes with Brush & Stencil Cleaner
This was my first time using a wood panel as my base and the Media Line worked perfect….
If you have not seen the line check it out HERE (honored to have my work with Andy who is a fellow artist I have gotten the pleasure to meet):
Thank you DecoArt for an amazing range of products and mediums to get creative with! I am already working on another project!
Tracy Weinzapfel is a proud DecoArt Core Blogger . Make sure to check out her Website at www.tracyweinzapfelstudios.com and Blog: www.tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/blog for more DecoArt inspiration!
4 thoughts on “DecoArt Media Line – “Art” 8″ X 10″ Wood Panel”
Beautiful creation Tracy! I’m also working with the DecoArt Media Line and love, love them too. Where can I find Andy’s stencils? I love them!
Stay tuned I Have ordered them for the shop. Love the line and the stencils!
Love this Tracy! Love how vivid the colors are. So glad you will be carrying these. And I am also really curious and want to try creating on the art board. 😀
Thank y for sharing with us!
placing big order today!!! Excited!