I saw this saying the other day….
I am an Artist…..I feel my calling. A lot of people ask me how I do so much in a day and my response is I am always On. My mind is always creating. From the second my feet touch the ground (sometimes even before it my mind is going). I optimize the time I have. I walk to unload and refresh the soul (sometimes need it to slow the brain). One thing I am known for is my ability to sleep any time and any where. When I sit down and am not actively doing something I can instantaneously fall asleep. When my head hits the pillow I am out. When I am a passenger in a car, I am known for sleeping straight up.
I read this awesome article from Psychology Today HERE and the 10 traits present in creative people:
- have a great deal of physical energy, but they’re also often quiet and at rest.
- tend to be smart yet naive at the same time.
- combine playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
- alternate between imagination and fantasy, and a rooted sense of reality
- tend to be both extroverted and introverted.
- are humble and proud at the same time.
- to an extent, escape rigid gender role stereotyping.
- are both rebellious and conservative – willingness to take risks, to break with the safety of tradition is necessary.
- are very passionate about their work, they they can be extremely objective about it as well.
- Their openness and sensitivity often expose them to suffering and pain, yet also to a great deal of enjoyment.
I find myself in each of those ten items. I am a passionate person. Many Artists are. Embracing who I am and what makes me tick has become a valuable part of my 40’s. I have learned to embrace when/where and who I am, my quirks, my spirit and I try not to quiet down my creativity……..if anything I am screaming it from the rooftops. Now my artistic expression is not suppressed but released. I no longer care what everyone else is doing or comparing myself with someone else’s career path and only want to make the best of mine. My life is about making most of the moments I am given, creating new ones and not sitting down being a spectator to things passing by but participating. New opportunities, sunsets, sunrises (OK, not much of a morning person), new walks to take, etc. are all part of it. Sharing this and hoping others find their calling is my passion.
This is who I am today………Tracy Weinzapfel, the Artist, Creative being, Painter, Mom, and so much more………
There is a point… The point is you’re helping yourself and others. The point is you’re doing something positive. The point is you’re taking action and trying. The point is you’re not living in premature self-defeat. You are taking your own ideas from concept to actualization. You’re bringing value to the world. Even if no one sees it, you can have the satisfaction of knowing you did the best you could.”