In the midst of so much going on and some laptop issues I briefly debated if the show would go on and I am so glad it did! I really needed this Mixed Media Monday and it felt great to see this piece come alive. Another colorful night with lots of DecoArt Mixed Media textures and colors!! Here is what I painted Monday LIVE……
I am sensing a little Andy Skinner influence with the addition of some colors and the Golds/Browns..don’t tell him that!
Here is the list of materials that I used to create this page…
MATERIALS LIST: DECOART MEDIA LINE SOLD IN THE SHOP HERE!
- DecoArt Media Line:
- DecoArt Media Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- DecoArt Media Line Gloss Varnish
- DecoArt Media Line Gesso ( White)
- Decoart Media Modeling Paste (Black)
- DecoArt Crackle Glaze
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: (Diarylide Yellow, Quinacridone Gold, Transparent Red Iron Oxide, Phthalo Turquoise, Green Gold, Prussian Blue Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Pyrrole Red, and Primary Magenta)
- DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream (Red Oxide)
- DecoArt Spray Sealer
- Stencils: Andy Skinner Serendipity and Tread
- Brushes: DecoArt Flat, Round #6 and #8, Water Brushes
- Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Palette Paper
- Pens –Sharpie Twin Tip, Uniball Signo White, Decoart Black Canvas Marker, and Fude Ball
- Stabilo Marks All Pencil
It was fun to be in “the Zone” and get lost in this painting! I thank you all for another great night. Thank you to my awesome Moderators Lori, Andy and Mary! I could not do it without you! Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group HERE: Mixed Media Monday’s! It is free to tune in and use the supplies you have!! It is all about the inspiration and letting it go. Just a reminder, we are off next Monday as I will be at the Painter’s Show with DecoArt in Las Vegas! Viva Las Vegas
Until then…keep on creating!
“Practice gratitude – What you must realize is that you don’t really need more; you just need to appreciate what you have. It’s a beautiful and bittersweet way of thinking all at once. If you don’t have what you want now, you don’t have what you want, but you still have enough. Be thankful for what is, and also be thankful for what has not yet come to you. For that means there are still many possibilities available. Find peace in the thought that you can’t ever have it all or know it all either. You are always just a fraction of the whole. For if you weren’t, there would be nothing more to experience. Value what you know, and also value the countless things you don’t yet understand. For in what you don’t understand, there is the joy of growth. Life will always be incomplete and a bit asymmetrical. Realize this and embrace it. Be happy and sad at the same time, be hungry and thankful at the same time, be nervous and excited at the same time, and be OK with it.”