I had a wonderful conversation with my Aunt and Uncle (Hi Uncle Chris…he reads my blog!) this weekend and we talked about what our calling is. I truly love that my job allows me to be creative, share a big part of myself and put my heart and soul into everything I do. I may not always know where it is going but Mixed Media Monday feels like home. My Aunt gave me the saying “go home to who you are”. I decided that need to be incorporated into my piece. Here is what I painted in my Canson 9 X 12 Repositionable Journal…….
- Substrate: Canson 9 X 12 Repositionable Artbook
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Titanium White, Carbon Black, Transparent Yellow Oxide, Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Quin Magenta, Phthalo Green-Yellow, Paynes Grey and Pyrrole Red)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Modeling Paste (White)
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Media Misters (Primary Magenta, White, Red and Purple)
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Varnish (Satin)
- DecoArt Stencil Andy Skinner (Whirlpool)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Stamps: Stampendous Andy Skinner (Toxic)
- Pen: Uniball Signo (White) and Stabilio Aquarellable Pencils (Black)
Remember if you are not logged in you cannot participate in the chat live. It is FREE and FUN! I love to see the chat going and the connections you all make while I am painting. Please enjoy the time lapse video HERE
9 thoughts on “Mixed Media Monday 5/30/16”
This is so pretty! I love the fantabulous background! TFS!
Thanks Barb 🙂
the stenciling on the leaf gives it some
Very pretty flower.
thanks for sharing.
thanks Mary! ♥
There just something about your flower and this lovely creation that exudes contentment Tracy. When my parents were living – they would always meet us at the door with their arms open when we visited. This piece touches me because your flower represents home and it appears that it’s arms/leaves are ready to draw us in – welcoming us home to who we are. Another fabulous Mixed Media Monday – watching you LIVE is such a joy. j.
Thanks Tracy for a lovely early morning visit. It was well worth getting up and snuggling into a fleecy blanket for. Yes it is that cold in the U.K at the moment. I am looking forward to next week, and have already set an alarm call for it lols.
See you next week.xx
I need to bring that sun with me at the end of the month. I am so glad you enjoyed!
Had to watch the video again. Can’t seem to make it on time. I am so behind with being sick so long. I have to go get my blood checked tomorrow. I am fading. Anyway, I enjoyed it as usual. Like you, I love that blue background color.
sorry to hear that….hope all comes out ok. Thanks Margaret!