Wow, what a great concert! From the opening act of Montgomery Gentry to Toby the concert was awesome. Us four girls (OK, women) had a great time! Thank you Shelly for inviting us along!
$10 Beers in Hand at the Concert
I do have to say that I feel like I aged the 12 years or so that I have not been to a concert for the following reasons……….
- The fashions have changed…wearing a small bandanna as a shirt is acceptable now no matter what it does not cover.
- Pink high heel satin boots are in???
- $10 per beer!
- Beer being spilt on me by those who squeezed past me to buy 20 more beers during the concert annoyed the hell out of me.
- Waiting in line for the bathroom with 100 drunk women is no longer fun. I remember that you really need to be drunk for this to be fun.
- All the drunk people (although that was fun to watch).
- getting home at 2 am hurts especially when you have three kids.
- 1:30 am is no longer an acceptable dining hour. You will have to work that off at the gym the next day (oh yeah, and the beer too).
So 38 and feeling it but I would not trade it for the world. I once was one of those bandanna wearing, beer drinking, 2 am hamburger eating girls (OK who am I kidding, I never wore a bandanna). I was there for the music and loved every note of it. I sang every word and danced in my seat. Toby put on a great show!
Sorry, no sophisticated cameras available but did manage to get some with a point-n-shoot:
Shelly after she touched Toby’s Hand
Am I paying for it today? Sure am but not with a hangover, just plain old tired. Would I do it again…..yep but give me 12 years to recover from this one! Thank you girls for a great time!