I have been having a creative party in my Studio of late with the new DecoArt Media Line including these paints, mediums and Andy Skinner stencils……..
I made this quick and easy 8″ X 5″ wood sign and loved playing with the new Texture Sand Paste…..
MATERIALS: DecoArt Media Line:
- Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Primary Yellow, Cadmium Red Hue, Titanium White, and Blue Green Light)
- Gesso (White & Black)
- Ultra-Matte Varnish
- Crackle Paint
- Texture Sand Paste
- Tinting Base
- Andy Skinner Stencils
- Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Brush on Gesso (White) over entire wood panel.
- Mix Tinting Base with Media Fluid Acrylics (Cobalt Turquoise Hue & Blue Green Light) to get desired color and brush on over entire wood panel.
- Paint vines and flowers with Gesso (White).
- Paint vines and flowers with Media Fluid Acrylics (Green Gold, Titanium White, and Primary Yellow)
- Use the Word “Journey” from Andy Skinner Stencil using Gesso (Black)
- Mix Texture Sand Paste with Media Fluid Acrylics (Glue Green Light & Cobalt Turquoise Hue) to desired color and brush on edges and around perimeter for added texture look/feel.
- Add Red Hearts with Media Fluid Acrylics (Cadmium Red Hue)
- Add Doodles with DecoArt Canvas Paint Pen, Fude Ball Pen and Uniball White Signo
- Finish with Ultra Matte Varnish to seal and protect your project.
- Add Ribbon/fibers to make into a hanging sign to complete project.
- Wash all Stencils and Brushes with Brush & Stencil Cleaner
It was a lot of fun to mix the new Fluid Acrylics paints with the Tinting Base to get the colors I wanted….and add the Texture Sand Paste for added texture!
If you have not seen the line check it out HERE (honored to have my work with Andy who is a fellow artist I have gotten the pleasure to meet):
Thank you DecoArt for an amazing range of products and mediums to get creative with! Stay tuned for more and I will be carrying the products in my Shop!