I have a degree from a top ten university I worked hard for and am proud of. I loved working in construction for a number of years but always knew that there was a creative person in me dying to come out. Many ask how I got involved with my job today and I say by a lot of hard work. I knew long ago even in that construction job when I would leave on a Friday to crop at the local scrapbook store that this industry held my heart and I wanted to be part of it.
I took that opportunity when I had the twins and quit my job. I never looked at it as quitting my career……..I shifted careers. I had no idea know where that decision was taking me but today I have this opportunity to be creative, paint a picture, glue things together that make me happy and more important now share (now teach!) what I love.
People used to ask what I do and I would use the word scrapbooker, designer but would shy away from it. What is the word for what I do?….Who has an easy time saying they want to cut paper for a living. I joked that my college degree was not being put to use, what about all those years in sales, my accounting skills…………but every bit of experience I gained along the way I am putting to good use today and am also putting trust in my creativity…
Who knows where creativity will take me, you or anyone but we all know when we have a calling and open that new door. So in today's Daily Inspiration Journal page it is all about not being afraid……
- Adhesives: Helmar Decoupage & Craft Paste
- Acrylic Paints: DecoArt
- Ink: Marvy Heritage Pads
- Stamps: Unity
- Inks: Daler & Rowney
- Charcoal Pencil
- White Gesso page (to start fresh)
- Painted the Purple Acrylic paint on background (gesso was still damp so mixed together)
- Brushed the teal to the top and watered it down to spead down page. Flipped page over and did the same.
- Stamped flowers (Unity Stamps) with Marvy Heritage Inks. Outlined with a charcoal pencil and smeared
- Printed quote on printer paper and Decoupaged to page (Helmar Decoupage & Craft Paste)…♥Helmar Decoupage!
- Went back in with Marvy Heritage Inks & Indian ink (w/ nib tip) to outline and emphasize flowers to complete the page.
I will try to take some more pictures in the process. If you are taking my new Studio Classes we will do pages like this!
I got lost in this page. I tried new elements and just loved the process……I trusted myself as an Artist. A reminder for all of us who doubt ourselves and get lost in the Fear.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." ~Mary Manin Morriss