As you know I have been working in my Creative Journal to "Do Something Creative Everyday" (or in my case every chance I get) and now I have completed my Gratitude Journal. How fitting that I was walking out of Borders the other day and came upon this book "Living Life As A Thank You":
I was in a hurry and decided to buy it to go along with my latest project and I am glad I did. It was a very inspiring book and I highly recommend it. On page 25 they list "Ten Ways to Get More Engery By Being Thankful" and #1:
- Gratitude Journal – Keep a Gratitude Journal. At the end of the each day, write five things you feel grateful for from the day: a smile from a stranger, a hug from your child, an unexpected compliment, a good meal, a moment of laughter with a friend.
So how timely is this? So here is the simple (the key to this for me is SIMPLE) Gratitude Journal I altered and created to suit ME:
I started with a plain watercolor journal (I love watercolor paper!) and of course my Helmar Adhesives:
- Tear apart watercolor pad.
- Spread a nice even layer of Helmar Acid Free Glue on front and back cover (front & inside face) and cover with Patterned Paper (Basic Grey). Sand and distress edges with your favorite ink pad.
- Add Rick Rack/Ribbon with Helmar 450 Quick Dry
- Adhere flowers with 450 Quick Dry
- Draw Stems with Indian Ink (Black)
- Cut out flowers with Green cardstock and ahdere with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots for lots of dimension!
- Finish by adding "Be Grateful Everyday" with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.
- Rebind with Zutter Bind-It-All
- Helmar Adhesives: 450 Quick Dry, Liquid Scrap Dots, Acid Free Glue
- Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
- Cardstock: Core'dinations
- Rick Rack – Creative Impressions
- Distress Inks & Sanding Block
- Binding: Zutter Bind It All
Now the fun really begins! New techniques and creativity on every page!
Also, join me tonight at 6:30 pm (PST…check our local time zone!) for a LIVE Helmar Ustream class where we will make a simple and beautiful handmade Gratitude Album. Click HERE to watch LIVE!
Who will be joining me? I welcome you to join me and get a Gratitude Journal of your own. EMAIL ME and let me know how you are journaling. It can be a notebook, a pad of paper, or something simple that encourages you to write down those things to be grateful for!
"Take a moment every day simply to be thankful that you are alive and never forget that life is still really good despite the sad parts." Jacy Good