I am thrilled to share my latest publication in Just Steampunk Volume 9 and a piece I dearly LOVE….
This is a DecoArt Media project that was fun to paint on an 8″ X 10″ Canvas…..
- Substrate: 8″ X 10″ Canvas
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Carbon Black, Pyrrole Red, Cobalt Teal Hue, Transparent Yellow Oxide, Phathlo Turquoise, Quin Gold, Paynes Grey and Prussian Blue Hue)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
- DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- Chipboard: Tando Creative Andy Skinner Industrial Elements
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Ink: StazOn
Here is how I created this project step-by-step:
- Adhere chipboard letters with Beacon Adhesives Tacky Glue
- Apply layer of DecoArt Media Gesso (White) over letters and entire surface.
- Apply DecoArt Media Crackle Paste with a palette knife.
- Mix water to create a wash with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Transparent Yellow Oxide, Cobalt Teal Hue and Phathlo Turquoise)
- Brush on washes (mixed with water) of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Transparent Yellow Oxide, Cobalt Teal Hue and Phathlo Turquoise)
- Dry brush Payes grey around perimeter of piece and on letters.
- Use Andy Skinner Rust Technique featured HERE to create rusted Tando Creative Industrial Elements Gears using DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Paynes Grey & Quin Gold).
- Adhere all gears to canvas with Beacon Adhesives 3-In-1
- Use your finger to apply DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Pyrrole Red) on letters.
I am thrilled to say this piece was framed and sold at The Frugal Framer in town!
It is wonderful to see your art in print and to sell it! Thank you!
It’s funny how we outgrow what we once thought we couldn’t live without, and then we fall in love with what we didn’t even know we wanted. Eventually you’ll end up where you need to be, doing the right things, alongside the right people. Patience and persistence are the key. But don’t forget to pause on occasion and appreciate how far you’ve come too. You’ve been through a lot, and you’ve grown a lot. Give yourself credit for the steps you’ve taken, so you can step forward again with grace.”
8 thoughts on “Love Steampunk 8 X 10 Canvas – Just Steampunk, Vol. 9”
Love it! I do have a question. I am beginning to see the words “substrate canvas” and “substrate board” quite often now is several pieces of Mixed Media and Decorative Painting. What is substrate? Thank you.
A substrate is what you are painting on. Some call it your surface.
Very nice piece Tracy!!! “Love” it!
THANKS! so glad it was sold to a good home ♥
Why thank you!
Awesome industrial element enhancements with the wonderful DecoArt Media products: FABULOUS canvas.Xj.