Last week Andy Skinner and I set the challenge and dared YOU to create with us. We both have the believe not to ask something that we would not do ourselves so we too decided to do a real time challenge on Saturday between our two Facebook Groups: Tracy Weinzapfel Mixed Media and Andy Skinner and Friends. We are over 5000 miles away so the internet makes this possible for all of us! We gave each other the mediums and colors to use and posted our status as we progressed all day. The final step to complete our pieces was a free-for-all.
Here is how my piece progressed:
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White) over entire outside cover
- DecoArt Media Crackle Paste over entire outside cover and let dry:
- DecoAt Media Fluid Acrylic mix of Pyrolle Red and Primary Yellow:
- DecoArt Weathered Wood, DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, and Blue Green Light) and DecoArt Tinting Base
- The final step to complete was book was up to me. I pulled out Andy Skinner Tando Industrial Elements and decided to try his Rust Technique that he shared HERE. DecoArt Texture Sand Paste, DecoArt Media Tinting Base, DecoArt Fluid Acrylic (Paynes Grey, Quin Gold, and Carbon Black)
Here is the final project once I adhered all the pieces……..
- Substrate: Daler Rowney Sketch Book
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: (Carbon Black, Paynes Grey, Cobalt Teal Hue, Prussian Blue Hue, Blue Green Light, Pyrrole Red, Quin Gold, Primary Yellow and Blue Green Light)
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste
- DecoArt Media Ultra-Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Weathered Wood
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Adhesives: Beacon 3-In-1
Thanks Skinner for the inspiration and push to create outside my comfort zone. Love what you posted for your piece:
It is great to push someone and not overthink that creative process! I will be submitting my piece and we love seeing all the projects that are being submitted HERE. Check our We Dare YOU to Create Challenge for all the details!
No matter what’s happening, you can resourcefully fight the battles of just one day. It’s only when you add the battles of those two mind-bending eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, that life gets overwhelmingly intense and complicated. Accept that it’s not the experience of today that holds you back and drives you mad, but the regret and resentment about something that happened yesterday or the fear and dread of what tomorrow might bring, but probably won’t. It’s necessary, then, to let yourself live just one day at a time – just today – just right here, right now.”
6 thoughts on “We Dare YOU to Create – My Altered Sketch Journal!”
Astoundingly gorgeous texture. LOVED that “orange” underneath – of course – my fav color!!!!!!!!!!!! And then the teal on tops with the orange cracks – soooo lovely. Xj.
Thanks Joi!! this was fun to do and lit that creative spark in me over the weekend!
Lovely piece, the background colours are particularly eye catching and I always love rust. Tracy x
Thanks so much Tracy!
Oh, the vibrant red/orange at the start was amazing. Then my fave colour teal blue, cracked with medium to great effect. Astonishing to know you were so far apart & yet accomplished this!!
it is fun to push yourself creativity and just try things!