Andy Skinner and I are excited to share our completed pieces for Dare to Create 3! I decided to take the numerous suggestions to attempt the master of flowers Georgia O’Keeffe. This is kind of like a singer deciding to sing Celine or Whitney Houston because you know it will be nowhere near be like the original but I am please find discover Tracy O’Keefe’s and take on her famous Tiger Lilly……..
Her words resonated with me on this page. Here are all the materials I used to bring the page alive!
MATERIALS LIST: (DecoArt Products can be purchased online HERE)
- DecoArt Media Line Soft-Touch Varnish
- DecoArt Media Line Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Stencil Brushes (Stipple)
- DecoArt Mister (Carbon Black)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Palette Paper
- Rub Onz: Grafix Arts
- 12 X 12 Plywood Board
- Pens –Sharpie Twin Tip, Uniball Signo White, and Fude Ball
Here is a time-lapse of my creative process HERE….
This was my favorite Dare to Create Challenge to date! It really made me dig deep and get out of my creative mojo funk. Plus it was fun to learn more about an artist I greatly admire. Take it away Andy…..
My inspiration came from Israeli born artist Dganit Blechner, I’m sure many of you would not have heard of her but you can check her work out here http://www.dganit-blechner.com/
My time lapse video HERE:
It would be too much to try and include the instructions for the image transfer on a time lapse video so here are the links to a couple of video tutorials on my process.
- Decoart Media Fluid Acrylics (Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Red, Blue green Light, Dairylide Yellow, Titanium White, Translucent White and Cobalt Blue Hue)
- Decoart Media White Gesso
- Decoart Media Matte Medium
- Laser printed image
- 12″ x 12″ plywood board
These challenges are great fun and do take up a lot of our time, so we hope you enjoy. As always, huge thanks to Decoart for providing yet another fantastic giveaway!
Stay tuned for us to announce the winner of our Dare to Create 3 Decoart Prize. There is still time to enter HERE: https://tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/artcraftingscrapbooking/dare-to-create-part-3-artist-inspired/
THANK YOU all for joining in the fun with us! We want to hear your suggestions for Dare to Create 4! But we need a recovery time from this one!