When life dishes out a few bumps, obstacles or "rumble strips" as Martha Beck termed them and I wrote about them HERE how do you get through them? For me I clean, walk and paint…..
I was chatting with a friend going through some rough times and told her I was putting in some miles….
Our chat was needed by both and she asked how I managed to stay postive…..and to this I say…..
Life is not always perfect……but in those moments you can
We talked about not comparing when you think others have it perfect. Life is not perfect. It is the positive that drives me. I try to share who I am without putting emphasis on the negative. ……facing ever day and all life has to offer…..
- Take those chances and do what scares you
- Make mistakes/fail….oh how you will learn
- Laugh often and even more so during times of frustration
- Ignore what other's think…..trust me you will attract those like you most.
- Start over or Begin every day!
- Lean on your friends when you need it. They are amazing and you would so the same for them. (some offer that good swift kick in the rear you need or just an ear).
- Embrace your blessings and always be grateful.
- Make those you come in contact feel good……if I leave someone with a smile on their face my job is done.
I saw this the other day and it so defines how I try to live my life…
So I put my heart and soul into things………and
Thanks friend for that chat. I walk, paint and clean….nowhere near perfection. I also write like crazy in a journal and find that to be very helpful (I swear I have a book in the making!). So life is all you choose to make it. I choose to lace up those tennis shoes! What do you do?
"Instead of making a lot of excuses, make a little progress. Instead of looking back with regret, step forward with enthusiasm. Choose to view your life based on the best of what is possible. Choose to define yourself based on the person you know you are capable of becoming. If you believe it, you can do it."