Thankful for another fun Mixed Media Monday. It felt so great to get creative with you all. I painted this 11″ X 14″ Canvas panel which was inspired by the words of my friend Ilana Swartz. It is so great when the words of someone who means a great deal to you just works……..You feel them like she does and hope you do them justice. Featured: DecoArt Media and Dynasty Brushes….
- Substrate: 11″ X 14″ Canvas Panel
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Paynes Grey, Carbon Black, Prussian Blue Hue, Primary Cyan, Titan Buff, Quin Magenta, Blue Green Light, Cobalt Teal Hue, and Cobalt Turquoise Hue)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Shimmer Mister (Turquoise)
- Stencils: DecoArt Andy Skinner
- Ink: StazOn
- Brushes: Dynasty: Black Silver #14 (4920), SC240 #18, Black Silver Round #6 (4970), 1/2 Dynasty Stencil Brush, 5/- Black Gold #206SL Liner Brush (Order from The Brush Guys and they give a 5% discount. Enter “twstudios” at checkout. You can order here: www.thebrushguys.com)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
Remember if you are not logged in you cannot participate in the chat live. It is FREE and FUN! I love to see the chat going and the connections you all make while I am painting. Please enjoy the video HERE (please subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified of new videos!).
I will tell you that my after-show idea of printing my text on a painted piece of paper worked like a charm (PLEASE do not blame me if you try and it ruins your printer…do not try this at home):
- Paint copy paper with desired color
- Spray with sealer
- Spray with sealer
- Adhere to page with Matte Medium
Love all the texture in this piece and how easy it was!….
The older we get the more we realize how little we actually control. And there’s no good reason to hold yourself down with things you can’t control. Learn to trust the journey, even when you do not understand it. Oftentimes what you never wanted or expected turns out to be what you need.”
8 thoughts on “Mixed Media Monday 2/13/17 Re-Cap – “Your Worth””
Thank you Ilana for sharing your inspirational message with Tracy. And thank you Tracy for sharing it with us. Sometimes seeing our own worth is hard…let alone hoping others can see it. But we all have “worth” and “purpose” and I love thinking that ‘not seeing’ is just a DISTRACTION.
Loved watching your background come to life Tracy – it was looking lovely before you added the blue heart. The blue heart and the drips just made it PERFECT for Ilana’s message.
Once again – it was a FABULOUS MMM. It’s such a privilege to watch you create. j.
So glad you enjoyed as much as I do. Ilana means a lot to me and seeing the amazing artist she is! Fun to collaborate with her words ♥
Turned out wonderfully.
Thanks Jean! So much!
i think this is one of my favorite ones. Love it!
thanks for being a great moderator my friend!!
Looks great with the printed text!
Hey! Might even get home in time to watch live next week!
afternoon for me and happy to see my UK peeps! Thanks Kim!