Thankful for another fun Mixed Media Monday and this was a special afternoon edition. It felt so great to get creative with you all. I met the great company called Adornit at Creative Painting and came back with some fabulous surfaces to work with! Today’s project features: Adornit Wood Surface, Stampendous, DecoArt Media and Dynasty Brushes….
- Substrate: Adornit Wood Surface
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Carbon Black, Titanium White, Titan Buff, Green Gold, Primary Magenta, Hansa Yellow Light, Paynes Grey, Metallic Gold and Phthalo Green-Blue)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White )
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Decoupage (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Glossy)
- Stencils: DecoArt Andy Skinner
- Ink: StazOn Or Ranger and Tsukineko Brilliance Lightning Black
- Stamps: Stampendous DCS5071 Butterflies and ARCRS04 Curiosity
- Brushes: Dynasty: Black Silver #14 (4920), SC240 #18, Black Silver Round #6 (4970), 1/2 Dynasty Stencil Brush, 5/- Black Gold #206SL Liner Brush (Order from The Brush Guys and they give a 5% discount. Enter “twstudios” at checkout. You can order here: www.thebrushguys.com)
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
Remember if you are not logged in you cannot participate in the chat live. It is FREE and FUN! I love to see the chat going and the connections you all make while I am painting. Please enjoy the video HERE (please subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified of new videos!).
Love all the fun dimension of the flowers, subtle texture……
Thank you for sharing so many Monday’s and so much more. Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group HERE: Mixed Media Monday’s! It is truly about the inspiration, the connections and letting it go. Just a reminder to check out my calendar of events for classes and Mixed Media Monday Dates. The next Mixed Media Monday is Monday, March 13th
Until then…do something creative everyday!
Show yourself some love by realizing that you can’t do everything for everybody in every situation. Do what you can, and do it with a joyful heart. Then breathe and give yourself space to recover. Refill your bucket on a regular basis. That means catching your breath, finding quiet solitude, focusing your attention inward, making time for fun and laughter, eating healthy enough to maintain peak energy levels, and otherwise making time for recovery from the pressures of life.”
2 thoughts on “Mixed Media Monday 3/6/17 – Adornit Wood Banner”
Those flowers just bring back so many memories of blowing on dandelions!! Your flower just are so dimensionally fluffy I feel sure I could puff away the yummy fuzz!!! It was truly amazing to watch you do this LIVE. So fun. Love the great looking substrate too! Super stamping too!!! j.
I loved doing this one Joi! Really felt great! Thank you