Hi, Tracy Weinzapfel here bringing you another project for Loew Cornell July 2016 Newsletter.
This time I used their surfaces to create a 3-dimensional piece…….
Here are some of the fun products I used to complete this project….
- Loew Cornell Simply Art Mini Paint Panels
- Loew Cornell Simply Art Paint Boards
- Loew Cornell Oriental Rice Paper
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: (Prussian Blue Hue, Carbon Black, Green Gold, Cerrulean Blue, Blue Green Light, Cobalt Teal Hue, Diarylide Yellow, Titanium White, Titan Buff and Paynes Grey)
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Decoupage (Matte)
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell Mixed Media Coarse Sponge Dabber, Fine Sponge Dabber, and Rough Stippling Dabber, and Loew-Cornell Simpatico #2 Round, #8 Round, #3 Angle and #6 Flat
- Loew Cornell Style Stix
- Stencils: Andy Skinner
- Stamps: Totally Tracy/Dare 2b Artzy Stamps
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
Here is how this project came to life step by step…….
- Layout the Loew Cornell Paint Panels in your desired configurating and use DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Cobalt Teal Hue, Cerullean Blue and Blue Green Light)
- Blend the Background Paint colors using Loew-Cornell Mixed Media Coarse Sponge Dabber, Fine Sponge Dabber, and Rough Stippling Dabber
- Repeat the same process on the small paint panels using (DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Cobalt Teal Hue and DecoArt Media Tinting Base.
- Crumple up Loew Cornell Oriental Rice paper
- Using DecoArt Media Matte Medium apply a thin layer to the Art Board and adhere the rice paper to the background in a variety of locations to add texture. Apply a layer of Matte Medium over the top and let dry.
- Cut foam core into 2.5″ squares. Adhere the foam squares using DecoArt Decoupage (Matte). Double up the foam squares for the two of the panels to add additional height to the panel.
- Light stencil on “Imagine, Dream and Art” using Titan Buff with an Andy Skinner stencil
- Stamp Totally Tracy flowers with Stayz on Ink on deli paper and cut around each flower.
- Adhere the flowers and leaves with Decoart Matte Medium using a Loew Cornell Simpatico #8 Flat Brush
- Apply color to all the flowers and leaves using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Primary Magenta, Titanium White, Green Gold and Diarlide Yellow)
- Using a Simpatico #2 Brush outline the leaves and flowers with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Carbon Black)
- Adhere the Mini Paint Panels with Decoart Decoupage Matte
- Lightly Stencil on the background with an Andy Skinner stencil and Prussian Blue Hue to complete the project.
- I added some white dots in Titanium White with the Style Stix for one final touch!
Thank you Loew Cornell for asking me to contribute to your newsletter. I loved taking this piece 3-D and having fun with your products. For more information and inspiration make sure to visit my blog at www.tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/blog.