10/23/2009 at 4:00 am | In guest blogger | 34 Comments
Tags: adhesives week, blog candy, Creating Keepsakes, Free Font Friday, guest blogger, Halloween, Helmar, mini-album, Scrapbooking, Tracy Weinzapfel
Hi, my name is Tracy Weinzapfel and I am thrilled to be a guest blogger on the Creating Keepsakes blog this week in celebration of Adhesives Week. Personally, I think this should be made an international holiday, complete with a day off of work to craft. What do you say? Are you with me on this?
I suppose it makes sense that I react to Adhesives Week in this way, as I’m the President of Helmar USA, an international adhesives company. Yes, I have a lifetime supply of glue, and I even glue for a living, which is a pretty great gig. Sometimes I want to pinch myself because I can incorporate my business management and creative skills in one dream job.
With this experience, I’m delighted to celebrate the fall season and show off some of our awesome adhesives today with a fun Halloween mini album. This is a fast and easy way to showcase those fun Halloween photos.
Trick or Treat Mini Album by Tracy Weinzapfel. Supplies Chipboard album and patterned paper: Nikki Silvils; Die cut tags and stickers: Best Creation Inc.; Ink and stamp: Inkadinkado; Buttons: Buttons Galore & More; Trim: Creative Impressions; Tools: We R Memory Keepers (hole punch) and Helmar (Glue Spreader); Adhesive: Helmar (450 Quick Dry, Acid Free Glue, Liquid Scrap Dots and Permanent Adhesive Runner).
Step By Step Instructions
1. Cover chipboard album with Acid Free Glue and spread evenly with Glue Spreader.
2. Adhere patterned paper and trim excess with a craft knife.
3. Sand all edges with sanding block and distress with black ink.
4. Punch hole in upper left side of album.
6. Print ten wallet-size (2″ X 3″) photos with black border (or mount photos on black cardstock).
7. Adhere each photo to your album with permanent adhesive.
8. Adhere ribbon and buttons to pages with 450 Quick Dry, which will not bleed through even the sheerest of ribbons and fabrics!
9. Cut out ghost and pumpkins from the patterned paper and adhere with Liquid Scrap Dots, which will allow your embellishments to pop off the page.
10. Stamp “Trick or Treat” on patterned paper and apply to cover with Liquid Scrap Dots.
11. Assemble album with a jump ring, and tie ribbon and tag to ring to complete the look.
Helmar USA carries a complete line of adhesives to meet your every gluing need. Make sure to visit our new website and check out our design team blog for more creative ideas using our products. Our creative team regularly shares project ideas that amaze me.
In honor of Adhesives Week, I want to share some of our great products with 10 lucky CK blog readers. Please leave a comment for a chance to win a variety of Helmar products.
Thank you. I hope you’ve enjoyed all that this week has had to offer. Adhesives Week may not be an internationally recognized holiday yet, but I still think we should all take the day off to craft.
Note: Winners for this and all Adhesives Week blog posts will be listed under our “Giveaway” tab at the top of the blog on Tuesday, Oct. 27, so please be sure to check back to see if you were selected. You have between now and Sunday, Oct. 25 to qualify. Simply leave a comment on any of our Adhesives Week entries. Thanks!
We love Free Font Friday, don’t you? This week, our free font is CK Buzz. Click here