I try to inspire by example and noticed a few weeks back following my vacation that I was feeling a bit listless and lacking energy for things. The number reflected it on the scale and my doctor was on me about my increasing blood pressure. All prompted me to make some personal changes that I have been sharing bits and pieces on Facebook. A few lifestyle changes were needed and happy I took my own wake up call. I returned on August 20th and hit the ground running. Time for a diet change and took up a more low-carb means of eating. Back to working out, walking with friends and making me a priority. Here are some of the changes I made
- drinking 80-100 fl. oz. a day which I track on iHydrate (my teeth are pretty much floating now)
- logging in what I eat on the Lose It app
- tracking my walks on Map My Walk
- eliminating/limiting chips, crackers, potatoes, breads…….carbs (for now) – I LIVE FOR THOSE!
- more veggies and cooking new low carb dishes (YES I HATE TO COOK!). Trying to share what I try and like here: https://www.pinterest.com/tracyweinzapfel/good-eating/
- moving my rear again including doing a lolo 7 minute Work Out App and added the lolo Abs Workout
- a steady loss of weight of nearly 10 lbs!
- more energy!
- longer and more productive work hours…feel more inspired in the Studio!
- love the time with my girlfriends and the support! Great to know you are not alone and compare notes on how we are doing, what we are eating and pass the time with walking! Love the support from my girlfriends…You know who you are! (and thanks to my parents for the new workout cloths they got me to encourage me to move my rear……..they are great examples!)
- my family is benefiting (with little complaining) and liking the new meals! Micky said she loves all the good cooking.
- doctor said no need to add a second blood pressure pill and I am maintaining a better bp!
I am vested in what I put into my body and just being mindful of that. Funny how we sometimes just let that go. So……….the lesson in all this is. It is a daily struggle and for those who view me as someone who “does not need to lose weight”…….I get that. It is not about the scale. It was how I feel. It was how I could feel myself going down the wrong road. And it is a different course for every horse. I don’t have a lot of time and do like to track what I am doing. Fun for me to see the results. You have to do what feels right to you.
I hope this inspires you in some small way….time to go drink some more water!
Forget about setting rigid deadlines and just focus on what’s important – building the foundation for your positive habit or routine. If you need a better approach to stay motivated, focus on your “big why.” Why do you want to build this habit/project/etc.? What rewards will you gain? How will it make you happier and more fulfilled? Write this down, remember it, and let it be your inspiration!”
14 thoughts on “Move it and lose it!”
Oh yeah… I could tell in the photos from Little Italy and your beautiful barrel bye bye photo that you were noticeably down Tracy! Almost noted it but lost my nerve – eheheheh!!! So thankful that you are feeling better. For sure – it is not easy…. so big props for your amazing determination. WAY TO GO!!! Thanks bunches for sharing your hints too! j.
happiness comes from within and no matter how many pretty pictures you paint I have to be real about that. No matter what I am proud of who/what I am and know I am not the only one who struggles. So glad to inspire even in some small way and hold myself accountable (inside and outside the studio) ♥
Great. I am so very happy you have changed things to make a new
you and a happier one. I have done the same over 2 years. Hugs. Lynne
hugs right back at you Lynne!!
Congrats! I am trying to do the same!
keep at it Jean. I am in week 4!
I like the phrase: “I didn’t say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.”
And it has been both, not easy but definitely worth it. Down 35 lbs.
you look great. good job. keep going.????????
way to go Billie!!!!!!!!!!!! that is inspiring!
I wish we lived closer!!!!
me too…we could walk togehter!
Way to go Tracy! Keep up the good work! I feel lazy and un-inspired too, so you gave us all good advice to get our lazy butts motivated..lol. Thank you! You have always been a great inspiration!
that is what I love to hear! I just fit in not one but two workouts so hope it inspires you! ♥
You are what you eat…..words that are so true, and for me, they have kept me going. Now over 6st down, I love what I eat and my daily routine of 1hour exercise bike plus workout for my legs has meant that although I have impaired mobility, my body is strong and I feel alive. You stick with it Tracy, it’s not good to feel lethargic and lazy. Make the most of each day, and enjoy living.xxx
Keeping on keeping on Sonia!!!! ♥ I love to hear that!