11/1/15 WINNER WINNER is Teresa Godines! CONGRATS to you! Please email your shipping address to [email protected] to claim your prize!Loew-Cornell sent me some new toys to play with in my new Studio and asked me to contribute to their October newsletter. I got some fun products to play with! I decided the Loew-Cornell, Simply Art Wooden Tag Panels were the perfect Halloween surface…….I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics and Mediums with the new Loew Cornell Dabbers! Here is what I created…….
Here is are step outs from the project….
- Loew-Cornell, Simply Art Wooden Tag Panels
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: (Prussian Blue Hue, Carbon Black, Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Diozazine Purple, Vermillion, Diarylide Yellow Titan Buff and Paynes Grey)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste
- DecoArt Crackle Paste
- DecoArt Matte Medium
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Satin Varnish
- DecoArt Chalky Finish (Carbon) for reverse side
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell Mixed Media Coarse Sponge Dabber , Fine Sponge Dabber, and Rough Stippling Dabber, and Loew-Cornell #2 Liner Brush and #4 Flat Brush
- Grafix Rub Onz
- Ribbon: May Arts
- Stencil: Andy Skinner Day of the Dead
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
I am in LOVE with the Loew Cornell Dabbers! They come in three types of sponges for a different texture: Loew-Cornell Mixed Media Coarse Sponge Dabber , Fine Sponge Dabber, and Rough Stippling Dabber! Perfect for Mixed Media! Thank you Loew Cornell for getting me in the Day of the Dead spirit……..!
Please enjoy a time lapse of my creative process HERE:
THANK YOU TO LOEW-CORNELL for asking me to try out new surfaces! It was fun. GIVEAWAY TIME!! here is your chance…..leave a comment on this blog post go leave some love over on Loew Cornell’s Facebook Wall for a chance to win this awesome prize! I will pick a winner on Halloween, October 31st!
If you find yourself truly stuck today, and you’ve worked yourself to exhaustion, remember, tomorrow morning is a new beginning. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with stopping, refilling your bucket, sleeping, and starting fresh again in the morning. Tomorrow is another opportunity to try again and learn something new. This is NOT failure, and it’s not giving up. This is the process of learning. It’s being a smart, intelligent, living being and recognizing that sometimes it’s better to rest and to try again when you’re fresh.”