This week’s Mixed Media Monday was a bit of petal craziness………the petals just kept coming and coming. Even I could not stop myself from this odd-shaped flower. I did decide to use a quote that seemed fitting (thank you Lori for this one!) which I added after we were off-air. I used an 11″ X 14″ MDF wood board to create this…
- Substrate: 11″ X 14″ wood board
- DecoArt Chalky Finish 2 oz (Keepsake, Treasure, Everlasting, Legacy, and Carbon)
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic (Paynes Grey, Titanium White, Hansa Yellow Light, Carbon Black, Prussian Blue Hue, Cadmium Orange Hue, Titan Buff, and Dioxazine Purple)
- DecoArt Media Gesso (White)
- DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste
- DecoArt Spray Sealer (Matte)
- DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Decoupage (Matte)
- DecoArt Stencil: Andy Skinner and DecoArt
- Brushes: Dynasty: Black Gold 206ST, 206FW, 206TF, and 206SL Liner, Faux Kolinsky F-1114, Encaustic by Dynasty, Tracy Moreau Stencil Brush
- DecoArt Brush & Stencil Cleaner
- Pen: Stabilio Aquarellable (Black)
Remember if you are not logged in you cannot participate in the chat live. It is FREE and FUN! I love to see the chat going and the connections you all make while I am painting. Please enjoy the video HERE
Purchase ORIGINAL painted piece HERE. I really do love the quote on this piece……
Thank you for sharing so many Monday’s and so much more. Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group HERE: Mixed Media Monday’s! It is truly about the inspiration, the connections and letting it go. Just a reminder to check out my calendar of events for classes and Mixed Media Monday Dates.
The next Mixed Media Monday is August 29th!
Until then…do something creative everyday! I am back to painting the wine barrel I am working on! I will be sharing that soon!
4 thoughts on “Mixed Media Monday Re-Cap 8/22/16 – Petal Palooza!”
It was such a delight to watch your Petal Palooza come to life Tracy! You are just so incredibly talented in so so many ways but at the top of the list is being able to create and inspire with LOTS of folks watching your every move. Thanks again for a FAB Mixed Media Monday. j.
Monday was a bit scary but I did see it through and so glad I did! thank you!
Can I just check with you? What do you use to prep the back of the pages in the journal, and would it be ok to prep 3 or 4 pages in advance do you think, rather than doing it as they are used? I have been brought back two by my friend who was visiting in the US, so now that I have 3, I can start getting to be brave and use them.xx
Hi Sonia, I use decoupage or Matte medium and works great for me. I see no reason why you cannot go a few pages ahead 🙂