Lately I feel a loss of my creative mojo, that spark. With soccer games, track meets, work, the house it just seems that takes a back seat. But there is something about spring that just I love. I am not sure if it is the disappearance of the rain, opening up the windows and feeling the breeze, or just that warm sun. This past weekend I even returned to the mountain (slowly as my ankles just aren't what they used to be)….to find that spark again and clear the noggin'.
I also picked up a new book called "Kick-Ass Creativity" by Mary Beth Maziarz which is good so far. I have a nightstand full of books and am making the time to read more. Forgot how much I missed it. Even debated getting a Kindle but there is something about the feel of a real book (of course still yearning for an iPad).
and I decided it was time to get back to my Gratitude Journal as I am nearly done with it. The journey with this has been so great and the response and feedback has humbled me. Just what I needed. I completed this page working with my most favorite flower, the daisy:
I had so much fun with Helmar Decoupage! That sparked my creativity big time!
- Helmar: Decoupage, 450 Quick Dry, Liquid Scrap Dots
- Waterolor Crayon
- Acrylic Paint – Golden
- Inks – Marvy
- Indian Ink: Winsor Newton & Daler Rowney
- Leaf Stamp
- Flower – Michael's
"The Dalai Lama's Instructions for life"
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R's: - Respect for self. - Respect for others. - Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon."
What sparks your creativity when you have lost your mojo? For me it is being outdoors, a book, daisies, a saying. Let spring begin…..gotta go pick up some daisy's soon.